Natalie Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Audrey Marie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Audrey's Nursery

Time is flying by. I can't believe that we only have 5 weeks till our due date! I'm pretty convinced that Audrey is way too comfortable where she is and that she probably will not make her debut until closer to Thanksgiving. I think I'm feeling way too good this far along for her to be cramped and wanting out of there. Everyone keeps telling me to just wait, that it gets real uncomfortable at the end, but I have been hearing that for months, and I just keep chugging along. Hopefully my good fortune holds out and things continue like they have been.

Our last ultrasound was 3 weeks ago. At that time Audrey was weighing 4lbs and 12oz. I told my doctor that I was worried that she was going to be a big baby like me (I was almost 10lbs) or my brother (who was almost 12lbs), but she said that if things continue the way they have that she should be a normal healthy baby around 7 or 8lbs. So that was a relief! My next appointment is next Wednesday, and then after that we will be going every week. It's crazy that its so close!
-
Audrey's nursery is not finished yet...but we have painted it a really pretty teal color, and had the cherry blossom tree painted on the wall by her crib. We have some decorating to do, and a lot of organizing! (It's amazing how much stuff a baby needs!) We finally got her furniture in last week so now we have somewhere to start putting everything! Here are some pictures of Bryan putting together her crib.
-
(I kept wanting to help him. I hate being useless.)
(Reading the novel of instructions!)
(Sitting back admiring his work with Millie and Sadie)

Here are some pictures of her crib with the bedding in it. I absolutely love it! It's a perfect girly room without being too girly! I will post more pictures in the coming weeks when everything is hung and all her stuff is just waiting for her.

15 comments:

Shane & Ambra said...

What is the name of your bedding? It looks like I had the same one for Lilly. However, Lilly never was in her bed(she slept in the bassinet for a year). Then, she went straight into a big girls bed! We adsolutely loved that bedding!!! Give me a call sometime, maybe we can go out to lunch! 281-635-4622

Kelly said...

Your room looks cute - I love that cherry blossom tree on the wall - so unique and neat!
I'm having a "show your nursery off" day at my blog tomorrow - you need to link to this post!!! (even if it's not done!)

CathyBB said...

Hi Leyla. I'm taking the full tour from Kelly's site and having the best time. =) Thanks for sharing yours - that tree is exquisite!!!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

The cherry blossom tree is so creative and just beautiful!

His Doorkeeper said...

I love the tree...so unique and very sweet! Love your crib too!

Mike, Kacy & Wells said...

Love the painting. So creative!

Erin said...

wait a second here...so I'm doing Kelly's nursery deal and when I saw your name I thought, hmmm looks familiar...then I clicked on your link, and HELLO LEYLA!!!!!!! Congrats on little Audrey! I love the name and her room looks so cute already!

Kara said...

This looks like such a peaceful place for yourprecious baby to sleep! You did a GREAT job!

Living to Love said...

Precious and Peaceful!! I love it!!

phillips phamily said...

LOVE the mural! Don't you know that the dads love putting things together. :)

Marlene said...

Hello, I found you through Kelly's site. I also have an Audrey! Mine is Audrey Jade, I seen her middle name is gonna be Marie and that's my middle name. LOL. My friend also has an Audrey and almost named her Audrey Rose and found out thats a horror movie, hehehe. anyway, good luck and I LOVED the room!

Em said...

The cherry blossoms are beautiful... good job on the crib dad ;)

The Browers said...

Saw your nursery on kelly's korner and just wanted to say I love your wall color and the cherry blossom tree-very pretty.

The Allens said...

I love your baby's name and I love the tree on the wall.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful color. She's going to love looking at her tree! Best Wishes.