Natalie Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Audrey Marie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 14, 2010

1st Day of Mother's Day Out

Well, I finally stopped putting off what I have been thinking about doing for months and signed Audrey up for Mother's Day Out. She is at a great age where she is very social and seeks out other kids everywhere we go and just wants to play. She is of course attached to me, but I feel that if I wait any longer it is just going to get worse. Anyway, she had a great day according to her report card. When I took her in at 9:15 her teacher asked her if she wanted to come play, of course she nodded "Yes", but when the teacher put out her arms to grab her she quickly started nodding "No" and started crying. That's my Audrey! :) I had to go and finish some paper work in the office and could hear her screaming her "Mariah Carey" scream for awhile. A couple minutes later one of the ladies came by to tell me that after they took her to the inside gym (since it was raining outside today) that she stopped crying and was playing. Great...that made me feel so much better walking out of there. Around 11:00 (as I am unloading groceries) I see the school's name on the caller ID. I immediately got scared, but it was just them calling me to give me an update that she was doing wonderful. How sweet of them to help me through my first day without my munchkin! Luckily I made my hair color appointment today so that time would go by fast, as it always does when I'm at the salon. Before I knew it, it was almost 2pm and time to pick her up. I was so excited driving to go pick her up, I felt like I couldn't drive fast enough. I poked my head around the corner and when she saw me she started pointing and crying...like she does every Sunday when she sees Bryan or me picking her up from the nursery. Her teachers said she was great and that the only issue is they had some trouble putting her down for a nap...which didn't surprise me. Before I found out I was pregnant we were on a good schedule and she was going down easy and taking long naps in her bed, but since I was so nauseated and tired the first trimester I would let her fall asleep laying on me on the couch and we would take a nap together. For the past couple of weeks I have been trying to break this, but every time I put her down she wakes back up or if I just go lay her down she will cry for 45 minutes and never give in and fall asleep. This only happens at nap time, because at night she goes down very easy. Anyway, so today her teacher told me she held her as she slept. This is definitely what we will be working on in the coming weeks! :) When I got her in the car I couldn't stop asking her about her day. "Did you read books? Did you play with your friends? Did you have fun? Did you eat lunch?" and so on. She just sat there and nodded over and over again. We headed to the children's boutique that is right around the corner and bought a couple outfits that were on winter sale. It was a great first day of school and I am so excited about all the learning and fun she is going to have!

3 comments:

Shane & Ambra said...

I am so happy for you. I know leaving your first is hard, but it will benefit both of you though. Trust me, the older they get and more attached they are...the longer and harder it is to leave them.
Hope everything is going well. Will give you a call on Monday when finished with the bows.

Amanda said...

Yeah for Audrey! I bet she will love school!

Allyson said...

I'm so proud of you Leyla! You did great and it sounds like Audrey had a wonderful day. Good for both of you! Can't wait to get together after January for a playdate!