Natalie Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Audrey Marie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Crawling and 8 Months Old

Audrey our little munchkin, pumpkin, chicky, and goose, is 8 months old! (Yes, she has a lot of nick names!) Here are some pictures from this weekend.






She is finally covering some ground with her crawling. She has been inching and rolling her way around for weeks, but this week she finally gets from point A to B in a straight line. Granted, she is not cruising around on all fours yet...its more of a lay on her belly and dig her toes into the ground, drag herself across the floor crawl, but believe me when she wants something she's fast! She will do her crawling thing and then she will stop get on all fours and rock, decides what she wants to do, then get back on her belly and go. I have video of her crawling but we are still trying to figure out how to convert it to post it. Hopefully it will be up soon!

Something new and weird that she is doing is she has this little froggy rattle. It was the first rattle that I gave her to play with. I remember putting it around her wrist when she was just a couple weeks old and thinking she is never going to play with this thing! Well not only is she playing with it, but she's sucking on it. I know...I know, everything goes to a baby's mouth and they suck on anything...but not like this. She sticks the arm or leg in her mouth and sucks on it like it's her pacifier. It can stay in her mouth for an hour if I let her. I can put her in the car with it in her mouth and then pull her out and take her in the house and that froggy is just hanging there. I have even given her paci to her, but left the froggy in her lap, and she pulls the paci out and puts the froggy in her mouth instead.




Another little thing she likes doing lately is I will put her paci backwards in my mouth and she thinks it is so funny so she steals it from me with her mouth. I then pull it back from her and we do it over and over again! She is so determined to get it from me, but she understands that it's a game and that I'm playing with her...so we laugh through it all.


Here are a couple more new little things...

- She makes this clicking noise with her mouth

- She is sleeping in her own bed straight from 10pm to 7am. I nurse her at 7am and she falls back to sleep, so the two of us go back to bed and sleep in till 9 or so. (I know...I'm so lucky, and believe me I'm enjoying it!)

- She is my cuddle-bug! She loves to cuddle, hug and kiss. She has to hold my hand or arm if it's within reach. If she feels like giving a kiss and your cheek is not close by... no worries she will kiss your hand, your arm or even your leg! She is sooo loving!

- She loves Gymboree class and watching all the other babies.

- She loves all the different food I have introduced to her this month like...avocado, mango, strawberries and blueberries.

- She gets so excited when she eats she makes this grunting-growling sound with every bite.

- She is really starting to talk (her own gibberish) but I think she really is trying to tell us something.

- She points with her right pointer (and talks) when she reads a book, looks at pictures or a magazine. It's really cute!

- I have been working on waving hi or bye-bye with her forever...and now she is waving. Granted...she is waving all the time, but she does do it especially when people wave at her.

- When Daddy walks in every evening her face lights up, she is so happy to see him and can't wait for him to come and pick her up. When I walk in the door from doing errands or running in the evenings she starts screaming and crying and won't stop crying until I pick her up. I know she wants me...but how come she is not happy to see me?

Anyway...I'm just amazed at how every morning when she wakes up she looks like she literally grew over night...even her hair is growing at this fast pace!





2 comments:

Susan said...

She's getting so big! It's hard to believe that 8mo has already flown by!

Allyson said...

Ok...so that frog in her mouth is the cutest thing! And I LOVE that pink ruffle top! Happy 8 months Audrey!!!