Natalie Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Audrey Marie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby Shower #1

We had Audrey's first baby shower this past weekend! Two of my best friends, Allyson and Ivalu, worked so hard (and did an awesome job) to throw me this shower.

(Best Friends and great hostesses - Ivalu & Allyson)


The shower was at my friend Allyson's house. Allyson is 36 weeks pregnant and went way beyond what she should have done, that pregnant, for me to have a beautiful shower. (Thank you again Allyson!) Allyson and I have been friends since 2nd grade. We have been through so much together including, Girl Scouts, Band (I talked her into it and then quit due to my NO musical talent), 8th Grade Dance, Prom, rooming together in college, Maid of Honors at each others weddings, and now being pregnant together. It has been quite a ride, but I know that we have so much more (with our little girls) to experience together. I can't wait!!!

(Preggo Best Friends Forever!)

Ivalu is an awesome friend that I am so lucky to have in my life. We met through a mutual friend about 5 years ago and our friendship has only grown since then. Bryan and I have become best friends with Iva and her husband Randy and we look so forward to every time we get to meet up with them. They used to live 5 minutes away from us, but in the past year they moved to Medina, Texas, so the 5 minute ride is now a 5 hour ride. It's so true when they say you don't know what you have, until it's gone. (We miss you guys!) Iva has been a great resource for me these past 8 months or so. She had her little boy, Colin, this past March and is full of useful information and experiences to learn from. She did a lot of preparing and planning for this shower, and then made the long drive into town to throw it. (Thank you Iva!)
More pictures from the shower:

(The cake table and the very cute Diaper Cake that Iva made)


(My mom and me)

(Me & Bryan's mom, Marcia)

(Shower games)


(Allyson, my sister Lara, me & Bryan's sister Arianne)

The cake was amazing! It was a white cake with cream cheese icing...bu the best part was the banana cream filling! It was so good that Sunday night I decided to skip dinner and help myself to a HUGE piece of it. It was such a big piece that it took 2 BIG glasses of milk to wash it down. I was so miserable after I ate it, I couldn't sit still. (maybe it was all the sugar!) Anyway, it was worth it!
(The delicious cake)

I want to thank everyone for a great Shower for baby Audrey. She got some precious stuff that I can't wait to see her in. I also want to thank all of my friends who are already mommy's for all the great advice that I know I'm going to need. (Although I think I should have had a pen and notepad to write it all down. I'll be calling y'all!) It means so much to me to have such great friends and family that already love Audrey before she is even here. Thank you again, and I love y'all!

0 comments: