Natalie Grace

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Audrey Marie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Our First Baby Pictures!

Here are some of the ultrasound pictures that we have had taken. Since I was seeing a Fertility Specialist when I got pregnant , they continued to see me until I was 12 weeks. I would go into their office once a week for a blood test and an ultrasound. The blood test was measuring my Hcg and Progesterone levels, making sure that they were both rising as the pregnancy progressed.

I have now realized that getting ultrasounds once a week was spoiling us. We got to see our little baby develop from nothing (an empty sack) at my first ultrasound at 5 weeks, to actually a baby looking figure at my last ultrasound at 12 weeks. It was amazing!!! (I didn't post the really early ultrasounds, since there was really not much to see.)

9 Weeks (Its so tiny and upside down)

10 Weeks (3D Image - It has it's little arm up by its face)

11 Weeks (You can see its whole body. It was wiggling all over the place that day)

12 Weeks (It's laying on its back, head to the right then its little body and legs curled up)


Now that I am 15 weeks it has been three weeks since we have seen our baby. I know that “its” still in there though, I got to hear its heart beat at my OB appointment last week. I was really excited when I went to the appointment. I knew that I was not getting an ultrasound done, but I was already counting down till my next appointment (at 18 weeks) where I just knew that she was going to do the “BIG“ ultrasound and we were going to be able to find out the sex of the baby. I was discouraged when she told me that she really likes doing the ultrasound at 20 weeks, and not earlier, so that she can be sure of what it is. So now the countdown has been lengthened a little, but we are at 5 weeks and counting!!!

2 comments:

Allyson said...

It will go by faster than you think! I can't wait for you to find out. You know I'm already planning playdates. :)

Anonymous said...

Found you through Allyson...Congrats!!! I am almost 23 wks preg. What an awesome story! You have to check out my friends blog...she has a story similar to yours and is almost 10 wks preg...www.carrottopsaregreengenius.blogspot.com

Anyways....look forward to following your pregnancy! (Since I've been preg, I love reading about other preg people!!) My blog is private now...email me if you want me to send you an invite: katiehiggins1@hotmail.com